Thursday, April 2, 2015

In which Easter is a thing

I know I haven't finished my posts about my time in France, but I needed to share this!

Okay, so, to get into the pope's Easter mass on Easter Sunday, tickets are required. And these tickets have been gone for months. My roommate applied for some in January and got denied. So I accepted that I'd just have to watch the pope from afar on Easter.

However!

I was chatting with an administrator about something else, and he asked about my weekend plans. When I mentioned I wanted to go to the Vatican for Easter, he said "Do you have a ticket? I've got some, do you want one?"

Basically, the guy who cleans the gutters (I think?) at AUR also works at the Vatican, and he randomly gave the administrator a bunch of tickets to the Easter Mass the other day! So I snagged some for me and my roommates!

Yeah! I'm pumped!